Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Last Day with Getronics

Hi! I am expecting the hit rate of this blog would be boosted up a little bit because of my resignation from my current position - today, May 17, 2005, is my last day with Getronics.

I started working in Getronics as an Engineer in July, 2000, then promoted to Project Engineer in July 2001, and then Senior Project Engineer in January 2004 until now.

I was actually expecting to quit by the end of June 2002 - It was common that engineers changing jobs for development and better packages - it happened to me only in year 2005. There were two reasons why I preferred to stay longer in Getronics:

  1. SARS in Hong Kong, general economic down-turn
  2. Customers (or I prefer introducing them as "Friends") working with me

I really enjoyed every moments working with colleagues, customers, clients and most of them evenually became my friends. As many of you might already know this - I am enthusiastic in helping people in computing, because I believe computers are being invented for helping human, not bringing problems to us. In real world, I could earn my "just-enough" salary after helping my customers. In my world, I am satisfied after my friends are happy with their computers. Simple but a powerful force pushing me to do better in each and next task request.

Many of my customers/clients are now my friends. I treasure every one of you because of the happiness, warmth, laugthers and memories from all of you. I am the one being loved and cared. I learned and developed much from all of you. Thanks God giving me all of you to my life and made it wonderful and incredible!

May 17 is not an end I am sure. All of you should have my mobile numbers and email address, right? Feel free to give me a call when you think of me, or an email when you need someone to help you. I am here, next to you, from now and in future.

Have a nice day then.

No comments:

CPUID-CPUZ 1

IBM ThinkPad T42

Lenovo IdeaPad S10-2

CPUID-CPUZ 2

Custom-built Desktop

Internet Connection Performance

MK Home

TW Home

CMCC Peoples with Option Fusion 3G Quad
(Tested in MK Home)

1O1O 3G with HTC Touch HD on Bluetooth Connection
(Tested in St. Paul Hospital)

1O1O 3G with HTC Touch HD on USB Connection
(Tested in 10/F China Hong Kong City)

1O1O 3G with HTC Touch HD on USB Connection
(Tested in St. Paul Hospital)

1O1O 3G with HTC Touch Hero on USB Connection
(Tested in TW Home)

1O1O NextG with Express 7 Modem
(Tested in St. Paul Hospital)

1O1O NextG with Express 7 Modem
(Tested in MAL-HK Office, China Hong Kong City)

1O1O NextG with Express 7 Modem
(Tested in MAL-HK Office, China Hong Kong City)

1O1O NextG with Express 7 Modem
(Tested in MK Home)

1O1O 3G NextG with Express 7 Modem
(Tested in MK Home)

SmarTone-Vodafone Home Broadband
(Tested in China Hong Kong City)

HKBN 10MB Business Broadband
(MAL-HK Office)

Hotel - Sheraton Bandara Hotel, Jakarta, Indonesia